Sunday, May 31, 2015

Quick Links - 05/31/2015

Hi all! Wow, it seems a while since I've done this. But reading has downright sucked recently. Aside from keeping (mostly) up on the blog I have gotten little done. But here, some links from around the internet before they get too old. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

Jinn and Juice by Nicole Peeler (Nerds of a Feather, my score 7/10) - I did quite enjoy this one, which takes a more progressive and balanced look at consent in a paranormal romance story line that could have been problematic indeed. Not that it always succeeds, but it does try. And that's something.

Adventure Time OGN Vol 5. Graybles Schmaybles by Danielle Corsetto and Zachary Sterling (Goodreads, my score 3/5) - I really enjoy the AT OGNs and was just a bit disappointed that this one doesn't quite live up to the promise of the other volumes. Not a bad read, but not quite up to what I expect from these OGNs.

Return to Augie Hobble by Lane Smith (Kidsreads) - I found this book a bit of a disappointment. It does some interesting things but is all over the place in a way that I didn't think served the story. It also did some things that rather personally bothered me. Not that it's bad, just...well...

Return to Augie Hobble by Lane Smith (Goodreads, my score 2/5) - Here's the second review of the book and one that might get a little more distracted by my little annoyances. As it's all mine, I tend to be a little more direct. Or something like that. In any event, here's my second review of this...

So yeah. I'll have another review of Jinn and Juice to do at some point and I have to catch up on some Not For the Faint of Heart reviews, plus I just have to read more. It's really rather sad how bad a month May was for reading. Hoping that June will be loads better. Indeed. As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment